Silver tends to get oxidized over a long period of time due to exposure and contact with moisture.
Below are a few tips to make sure you’re the look of your silver lasts long so you can enjoy it for years to come :-
- Ensure the silver does not get wet. Avoid wearing it while doing heavy sweat activities, while in shower or swimming pools and keep it away from perfumes and makeup.
- If it does get wet, wipe with a soft dry cloth as soon as you can.
- To get rid of the oxidized look just apply any toothpaste on it and then wipe with a dry cloth thoroughly.
- Storing jewellery in air tight containers prevents it from being damaged due to oxidation.
- Reduce chance of tarnishing- To maintain the luster of your jewellery, place it in resealable poly-bags before putting them into a container to prevent it from oxidation / tarnishing.
- Gold plating-The gold plating jewellery will eventually wear down over a period of time. Get it re plated to restore its appearance.